This photograph was taken when the War Memorial gates were dedicated in 1923. The gates have changed since then, with new plaques added to commemorate more men who made the ultimate sacrifice. The gates have now been restored, repainted and the plaques replaced.
MEMORIES OF THE PAST
The English Wesleyan Methodist Chapel. Known as the ‘Brake’ Chapel was opened in 1886 and closed in 2002. It was demolished in 2010.
A RARE SITE TODAY
Victoria Road, Brynteg. This photograph was taken in 2014 when the road was being resurfaced and all the motor cars were removed. It must have looked like this before the second world war, empty and quiet.
WORLD WAR ONE SOLDIERS
This is a group of soldiers from the Broughton area.
The picture was taken (we think) in Gwalia Road, Pentre Broughton
Woodfine’s shop at the end of Westminster Road, Pentre Broughton. The shop was a drapers, grocers and the post office.